Crankers Season Update
Greetings Crankers Family!
By now you are likely aware that the Colorado League of NICA has cancelled the race season. It’s a real bummer, but we wanted to drop a quick note to make you aware of important information and options for you to keep on cranking.
The Colorado League tried very hard to make this year happen, but with the constraints of the State for Covid-19, it was unfortunately not possible. Instead, the league will be offering what they are calling “Singletrack Solidarity”. This will comprise a season of 5 challenges which will be performed individually or in small teams but compete against one another. Then the results will be uploaded into the leagues database where they will tally individual and team points.
The Challenges will be as follows:
Challenge 1: Rack up the Miles
Challenge 2: Mountain Goat Madness
Challenge 3: Massive Mileage
Challenge 4: Sensational Skills
Challenge 5: Hill Climb Challenge
In order to maintain “Legacy Status”, each rider must register and pay their $75 registration fee and participate in at least ONE challenge. (Legacy status is earned by participating in the league all four years of high school and receives a commemorative belt buckle in senior year)
The Castle Rock Crankers will register our teams to ensure that any student who desires to participate is able to do so and will qualify for legacy rider status in their Senior year. For further details about stack rank, categories and other questions, please see the Colorado league website. ( https://coloradomtb.org/ )
We know that for many of you, this just doesn’t seem as fun and for that reason, the Castle Rock Crankers will be offering the FALL season of FUN.
Our Board of Directors, Coaches and Team Manager met and came up with a really fun alternative to sitting on the couch and moping about your mountain bike career.
We will offer the following:
- A reduced content Fall schedule that focuses on Fun, Family and some new adventures.
- We will practice two-times a week (Tues/Thurs) and then host day trips (with family and siblings invited) and possibly a camping trip (TBD) on some of the weekends that we would have been racing. Schedule below:
- Fall session starts Aug 18th. Register by Friday the 14th!
- Day Trip #1 August 29th.
- Day Trip # 2 September 12th.
- Possible Camping Trip or Day Trip (TBD) September 26-27th.
- October 10th End of Season
- October 24th Team Party
- During our trips, athletes will be able to utilize some of these events to fulfill their NICA legacy requirements, but to fully compete in the Singletrack Solidarity, the athlete will be responsible for managing their own challenges and uploading the data.
- If you signed up for Fall Race Season already, you will receive a refund for the price difference if you choose to participate in the HS Season. If you choose not to, we will give you a full refund prior to the first day of practice.
- Because the Covid environment is ever changing, we cannot guarantee things will remain as they are. Therefore, if you sign up for the revised Fall Season, there will be NO Refunds After the first Day of practice. Up until then, you can receive a refund, less a 25% service fee.
- The reduced cost of the revised fall season will be $200.
- Due to the reduced cost, no free jerseys will be given out this year. However, you are still able to purchase a jersey if you so choose to.
- The revised season has a minimum number of participants to go and if it is not met, we will offer a full refund.
- The revised season will also have a maximum number cap which can be managed by our coaching staff. Sign up soon.
We want to make sure to honor our Seniors and Legacy riders and get back to the fun, and comradery that makes this sport such a blast. We love to race, but since that isn’t possible, we think spending time together, developing our skills and exploring nearby mountain biking with friends and family is going to be just about as fun.
Time is running out, so sign up soon for the Crankers Fall Season of Fun.
Also, don’t forget to register for Skills Camp 2. Take your skills to the next level and then to Ruby Hill with us.
Castle Rock Youth Cycling
Making a Difference One Rider at a Time
Castle View-Douglas County-Elizabeth
Who We Are….
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) middle and high school cycling team based in Castle Rock, Colorado, affiliated with the Colorado High School Cycling League, and NICA (National Interscholastic Cycling Association). Our goal is to build lifetime mountain bikers through coaching, teamwork and family support.
Meet Our Coaches
Contact Us: We have many parents that volunteer their time to make this team run efficiently. Carrie Gruntorad is our Team Manager and is here to help you. Please reach out to Carrie with any questions or help you may need.
Call Carrie: 303-906-9114 or Email: email@example.com